Bethan wearing Sassi Holford for a vintage style wedding in Sintra, Portugal

Hi everyone!...

With the arrival of November and the temperature a tad colder outside, I thought I'd share with you a beautiful late May wedding which took place in sunnier and warmer climes. 
Today's 'Wedding Day Story' features my bride Bethan, who had a relaxed, romantic and vintage style wedding in the Portuguese city of Sintra... 

Bethan and Rob
Venues,  Monserrate Palace Sintra & The Quinta 'My Vintage Wedding Portugal'


The Dress & Accessories
Bethan wore 'Luella', a stunning ivory and soft mocha coloured dress which had a layered tulle skirt and soft stretch lace bodice by British Bridal Designer, Sassi Holford...
"I felt like a Princess on my wedding day. My dress was so ethereal and could have not suited both wedding venues more. It was so comfortable and light to wear for my destination wedding. I also wore a bespoke hair accessory designed and made by Portuguese designer Lena Rom which looked absolutely perfect with my dress. My wedding shoes were a beautiful Rose Gold colour created by British shoe designer Rachel Simpson."






My Boutique Experience
"I had already looked in a few bridal shops before visiting Julia's boutique but nothing I had previously tried felt right. However, as soon as I walked into Julia's beautiful boutique, I knew I would find my perfect dress. Prior to my appointment, I had a telephone conversation with Julia about my wedding and the type of style of dress I wanted. At my first appointment, Julia had carefully chosen a selection of different dresses which she thought would be suitable for me and had even spoken with her designer Sassi Holford and requested a particular dress (my dress) especially for me to try. As soon as I saw my dress I fell in love with it even before I had tried it on. I initially thought that I wanted a fitted style dress, however, after trying on 'the dress' I instantly knew it was the dress for me. My dress was completely different to anything else I had seen and I felt so elegant and beautiful in it.
Julia was so patient and helpful with me throughout the whole process and nothing was too much trouble for her. I would definitely recommend Julia and her boutique to other brides-to-be."


My Wedding Day
"Rob and I chose to get married in Portugal as it's a place we both love going to on holiday. We also wanted somewhere where the sun would be shining and to be outdoors. I knew that I wanted a garden party style wedding and a wedding that was completely different. After a long search online we found 'My Vintage Wedding in Portugal', the venue could not have been more perfect. I booked it almost immediately even without seeing the venue, which was rather scary at the time but after taking a trip to Sintra to view the venue, we loved it even more! Nearby Monserrate Palace I also fell in love with and this venue was offered as a package for the ceremony. We decided to hire a Portuguese wedding planner called Claudia, to take care of the legal side of our wedding. Claudia and her team arranged everything and I kept in touch with her via messenger/email and sent Pinterest images of how I wished our wedding to be styled."








"My bridesmaids wore multiway dresses from Coast as they were all different shapes and I wanted the dresses to suit them all. I opted for pinks and purple pastel colours for my bridesmaids so they complemented each other but didn't match. I also wanted them to tie in with the romantic vintage theme of my wedding and ordered dried flower garlands to wear in their hair from the artisan Dried Flower Company. My bouquet was created by 'My Vintage Flowers Portugal', I chose to have wildflowers in pinks and purples, the flowers were amazing and were everywhere. I wanted the flowers to look unstructured, relaxed and combined with lots of greenery. The long table which everyone sat around at our wedding meal also had lots of greenery running down the middle of it incorporated with tall candelabras and more wildflowers."




"One of the happiest memories of the day was being with all of our close family and friends in such a beautiful location."


Advice From One Bride To Another 
"Don't stress about the little details because you won't even notice them on the day! Also, take some time away just the two of you, to enjoy it and to take it all in, as the day goes much too fast."






 
Congratulations Bethan & Rob  X

Suppliers
Dress / Sassi Holford at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture
Veil  / The Couture Veil at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture


Comments


CONTACT ME: I'd love to hear from you, click on the image above to visit the boutique website or contact me directly, Julia xoxo - info@juliatasker.co.uk