Lauren wearing Paloma Blanca for an elegant August Lake District wedding

Hi all!...

Today I'm excited to share a beautiful and elegantly styled Lake District 'wedding story'. 
Read all about JTBC bride Lauren's absolutely stunning wedding day, captured perfectly by 
Joshua Wyborn...

Lauren and Scott
Venues,  St John's Church Grayrigg & The Daffodil Hotel, Grasmere

The Dress & Accessories
Lauren chose a stunning fit and flare dress with lace bodice, by Canadian designer,
Paloma Blanca...
"I ABSOLUTELY loved my dress! My dress was more incredible than I could ever have imagined... I only wish I could have worn it for longer, wearing it made me feel so elegant and classy.
To complement the dress I wore a long veil by the Couture Veil and a crystal hair accessory from British accessory designer Debbie Carlise. The gold and crystal hair accessory added an extra bit of sparkle to 'my wedding look' and also matched the crystal detailing on the lace bodice of my dress."


My Boutique Experience
"From the moment I walked into Julia's bridal boutique, I felt relaxed, settled and confident that I would find my wedding dress. Julia was so professional throughout every single moment of the experience, from the initial appointment of finding my dress, to all my fittings. I never felt pressured in the boutique as I had in other wedding dress shops I had visited. Dealing with someone who has the wealth of experience that Julia has, made me feel at so ease and I knew that if there had been any issues, these would easily be overcome. I can't thank Julia enough."

My Wedding Day
"Scott and I loved every minute of our wedding day! We got married at a small church in Grayrigg which is a special place for me as Grayrigg is where I grew up. The church is only a couple of hundred meters from my parent's home so my journey in the wedding car was very quick! It actually poured with rain on the morning of my wedding, while we were all getting ready but just as we all headed to church the rain stopped and the sun came out. :) We decided to have a classic ensembles to play throughout the ceremony, which made the church service even more special for us. The church ceremony was followed by a reception Daffodil Hotel, Grasmere. We had fantastic sunshine the whole afternoon in Grasmere and the views of the Lakeland fells from the hotel grounds were simply amazing."

"My bouquet was a mixture of greenery which included eucalyptus and rosemary. I kept my wedding colours neutral and classic with cream roses, hydrangeas, peonies and combined these fowers with a few thistles too. The church flowers were also arranged and selected to compliment my bouquet, these were arranged by my Grandma and a close friend, who prepare the wedding flowers for their local church on a regular basis. "

"The bridesmaids wore simple floor length dresses which were a 'misty green' colour and they all wore small hair accessories, also by Debbie Carlisle to complement my hair accessory."

"I didn't have a theme as such to style our reception venue around but I hoped to achieve a clean and elegant look with lots of greenery, eucalyptus and neutral flowers. I chose silver candelabras with trails of more greenery, ivory/cream roses, peonies and hydrangeas to decorate to the reception room."

"For our evening entertainment, we hired an Irish band from Manchester called Green Hot Clover. The band were absolutely brilliant and the dance floor was packed from the start to finish, everyone was dancing from the page boys to even my Grandma!

"There were so many happy parts of our wedding day which I will never forget; the look on my Dad's face when he saw me in my wedding dress for the first time, seeing Scott for the first time when I walked down the aisle and then later in the evening, when we both danced together surrounded by our family and friends who were all so happy for us."

Advice From One Bride To Another 
"Plan your wedding well but don't get overly carried away. Details are what make the wedding day so special and allow you to make each aspect of the day personal to you. If a couple of minor things don't turn out the way you anticipated it's not the end of the world. Enjoy every minute because, HONESTLY, it's going to be the best day of your life! "

Congratulations Lauren & Scott  X

Suppliers
Dress / Paloma Blanca at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture
Veil  / The Couture Veil at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture
Hair accessory Debbie Carlisle at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture
Flowers / Flowers By Arrangement
Images /Joshua Wyborn
Venue / Daffodil Hotel







Comments


CONTACT ME: I'd love to hear from you, click on the image above to visit the boutique website or contact me directly, Julia xoxo - info@juliatasker.co.uk