Laura wearing Sassi Holford for a mid-May wedding in the heart of the Lake District

Hi everyone,

I'm here, taking on blogging again (the last time I published a blog post, hmmmm, way back in January 17... insert 'sad face' emoji here!) So what better way to kick start my blog again than to share a stunning Lakeland wedding story... Today I'm talking to my bride Laura and sharing her 'wedding story', from Laura finding her perfect dress at my boutique, to the details of her wedding day which took place on the picturesque shore of Lake Grasmere.

Read on and be inspired by Laura's absolutely gorgeous wedding day...

Laura and Ryan
Venues,  St Marks Church Natland & The Daffodil Hotel, Grasmere

The Dress & Accessories
Laura fell totally in love with a beautiful silk mikado fishtail dress with sweetheart neckline by British Bridal Designer, Sassi Holford...
"I wore a Sassi Holford silk fishtail dress called 'Octavia'. I wanted my dress to be classy but also a dress that made a statement. I kept my 'bridal look' minimal with the accessories and complimented my dress with a gorgeous beaded belt, which was made by Julia and added a bit of sparkle. For jewellery, I wore studded teardrop earrings and a silver Tiffany bracelet. A full-length Sassi Holford veil finished my 'look', which I loved. I felt amazing in my dress on the day, it was exactly how I had imagined my dream dress to be, it made me feel very special!"


The Boutique Experience.
"I had been round several shops looking for my dress before I went into Julia's boutique and none had lived up to this one! Julia welcomed me with open arms and made wedding dress shopping a fabulous experience. All the dresses stocked in Julia's boutique are stunning and I wanted to try on every single one! Her expertise and eye for style are amazing. I loved going to the boutique for my appointments and fittings and wish I could do it all over again."

My Wedding Day
"Now living in Skipton, Ryan and I decided we wanted to come back to our hometown of Kendal and the Lake District to get married. We married at Natland Church and chose The Daffodil Hotel in Grasmere for our reception, a contemporary Lake District Hotel set in a stunning location surrounded by the Cumbrian Lakeland fells and lake Grasmere. We invited our closed family and friends to the ceremony and then further guests to the evening celebrations. The bridal party was made up of my sister, who was Maid of Honour and three of my closest friends. My bridesmaids wore dove grey coloured multiway dresses."


"My bouquet was made up of white peonies and white roses. The Bridesmaid bouquets and table centrepieces were a mix of white hydrangeas, rose, carnations and ranunculus with eucalyptus running through."

"I wanted to keep the theme and look of my wedding day in a neutral tone and stuck to whites, greys and silvers throughout. I wanted my wedding to look elegant, classic and timeless with a 'black tie' theme too. I'd say it was quite a traditional wedding with a few modern and contemporary touches within the decoration."


"The happiest part of the day for me was in church, from walking down the aisle and seeing Ryan stood at the end waiting (25 minutes!) for me, to exchanging our vows. This was a very special moment which I'll never forget."

 
Advice From One Bride To Another 
"Every bride wants their day to be perfect but don't get too hooked up on the little things on the day. Try to relax and enjoy it as much as you can because the day really does fly by. Spending time on choosing a photographer was a big thing for us and it certainly pays off as our images are just amazing (although, we obviously are biased!) It's lovely looking at photos to see them capture all the bits you have forgotten or hadn't see on the day."


Congratulations Laura & Ryan  X

Suppliers
Dress / Sassi Holford at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture
Veil  / The Couture Veil at Julia Tasker Bridal Couture
Flowers / Ann Blair





Comments


CONTACT ME: I'd love to hear from you, click on the image above to visit the boutique website or contact me directly, Julia xoxo - info@juliatasker.co.uk